Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My most favorite food in South Korea

I was totally nuts about this street food, hotteok, which were grilled pancakes filled with cinnamon. Yes, I know they come fried too, but fried ones have nothing on the grilled ones, IMHO.

I bought them whenever I saw them as I wandered around Seoul by myself. That was one of the best trips I ever went on, totally worth skipping one week of uni and missing a test (I still got an A for the exam so :P)
B1 was mad that I got to eat all these fun foods while he was stuck at the boring conference. But he didn't like this, especially after I told him I bought it off the street. South Korea is a pretty clean country, so I am not sure why he was so hung up about eating street food. We didn't get to eat any street food while we were there, which was a pity, since every Korean tv serial always have some characters sitting at some random street setup eating away at spicy rice cakes or BBQ while downing soju.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails