Monday, October 3, 2011

New Blog created - Schnappi und Other Krokodil

I am not sure why but I think I am still a bit traumatized by what happened the other time when I shared a blog. Initially I wanted to add the long suffering Schnappi as an author to this blog, thinking that he would be able to edit my German übung directly. 

Found out the hard way that it is impossible, unless I set him as co-admin.

But anyway, after I added him as author, I felt this incredible naked feeling. I think it's got to do with the fact that this blog is becoming too personal. Initially it was supposed to be for my android development and food. Instead it is turning into a major bitchfest about everything happening to me.

So I created another one that we will be sharing. It will totally be in German. It is the "Schnappi" tab, otherwise the direct url is http://dasgrossekrokodil.blogspot.com/. 

If you understand German, do visit us at Schnappi (das Große Krokodil)!!! Anyway just to be irritating, I put my beloved Company of Heroes as background image. Hahaha.

Oh Google is evil again. Now I have to upgrade my storage because I ran out of the 1024GB free space. Damn. Now I have to change all my pictures to shitty quality. What a nightmare. How can Google encourage people to use Google+ and whatever, yet limit them to 1GB of storage for photos? *silent scream*

Oh I know why now, it is because I wouldn't create a Google+ account, and I have alot of pics that are 1200X1600. Refer to this from their FAQ on Free Storage sizes:

If you've signed up for Google+

Free storage limits

Photos up to 2048 x 2048 pixels and videos up to 15 minutes won't count towards your free storage.

Automatic resizing

All photos uploaded in Google+ will be automatically resized to 2048 pixels (on their longest edge) and won't count towards your free storage quota.

All photos uploaded  to Picasa Web Albums over the free size limit will count towards your 1 GB of free storage. When you reach your storage limit, any new photos you upload to Picasa Web larger than the free size limit will be automatically resized to 2048 pixels (on their longest edge).

If you haven't signed up for Google+

Free storage limits

Photos up to 800 x 800 pixels and videos up to 15 minutes won't count towards your free storage.

Automatic resizing

All photos uploaded over the free size limit will count towards your 1 GB of free storage. When you reach your storage limit, any new photos you upload to Picasa Web larger than the free size limit will be automatically resized to 800 pixels (on their longest edge).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails