Saturday, September 24, 2011

Watching Slam Dunk! again

Slam Dunk! was a Japanese anime that used to be played on Singapore tv on Saturday afternoons. Since I was seldom allowed to watch tv, Saturday afternoon anime, in particular Slam Dunk, was very precious to me. I used to hanker after Slam Dunk's music, especially this ending theme. Needless to say, I was devastated when the series ended. 

So some weeks before my uni buddy's wedding, I went over to his house where I discovered that he had the complete series of Slam Dunk! Turns out it belongs to his fiance, now wife, but he got her permission to lend it to me. And B1 and I have been studiously watching it on Saturday afternoons. We are still at Disc 1 because we wanted to savor the show in its entirety.

My favorite characters in the show were actually Hisashi Mitsui (三井 寿) and Kiminobu Kogure (木暮 公延). Mitsui, because he is so sexy, especially on the court (I love 3 pointers, because I can't do it myself) and Kogure, because he is my type, looks wise (I find his character a bit too gay for my taste).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails