Saturday, September 24, 2011

~50% of men will dump their chicks if they get fat

[old draft now completed and posted]

Read this article from Daily mail (click on the link to read yourself, I don't want to get flamed for a great wall of text). 
"Talk to the hand, bitch." [source: flickr.com]

To further elaborate this point, this morning I was reading an article in the ultra trashy The New Paper, where this matchmaker with 3 decades of experience was listing out his criteria for customers. I quote from the paper, "good looks are a top requirement. Mr Li said he does not accept overweight female clients nor men who earn less than $2,000 a month. From experience, most women want their men to earn at least $3,000 a month." ( I don't think so, I think it is at least $4,000, seeing how high inflation is in Singapore today. $3,000 won't even help to service the loan for your bloody HDB flat).

This proves something I mentioned before, I once did a mini survey among the women in my office to rank characteristics about a man that they cannot accept. Other than me (who thinks like a dude almost all the time), the other women in my office don't think there is anything wrong with being with a fat guy. I think it has to do with a CLEO "true story" I read some years back about this girl who was with a very plus-sized guy. She said she didn't mind at first, because he would put on a lot of cologne and dressed fashionably. However the first time they did it, it felt as if he was a giant whale beached on her body and she could hardly breathe, because she caught whiffs of his true male "fragrance". Needless to say, she was traumatized, and they broke up.

That aside, I guess it has to do with the fact that women are delusional enough to believe they can help their other half become and stay slim/fit. This has also got to do with why most men either knew the women can't, have no patience to help, or simply look for easier prey.

You see, if a woman wants to attract a guy, what does she do first of all? She loses weight. It's harsh, but it's the truth. I have yet to witness a case where the girl eats more to attract a dude. I am as guilty of the myopic perception, because last week when I was attending my cousin's kid's first birthday celebration, Mutter remarked that my younger cousin seemed to have lost weight. I immediately cast her a speculative look and thought about interrogating her about her latest crush.

Shallow. *haha*


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails