Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I think I need to clean up my room

Guess what I found when I was rummaging through my room, looking for the replacement string for my backpack?

A banana-shaped candle. 
I bought it in Sydney, Australia back in 2004. Cool right?

It wasn't cheap either... about 20+AUD. For some reason, I couldn't live without getting this candle, and then when I returned from Australia, I just stuffed it in the cupboard and forgot about it. Think B1 screamed inwardly when I suggested displaying this candle at our new place *haha*.

And you know how I have been deliberating for weeks whether I ought to buy the cutlery from WMF? Even today, when I was out at Takashimaya, I was still lingering at the houseware section, deciding. Guess what? When I came home and pulled out my backpack from the storeroom, I discovered this.
Back in the day, I used to work for this scheme, which was one of the best stuff that our government ever did. Free gift for exercising. Like meist free and good things in our beautiful country were, it was discontinued. Sadly. I had totally forgotten about this because to me, it wasn't the most memorable souvenir. The items I really liked was the tent, and the backpacking cutlery (like a Swiss Army Knife set, but it had actual fork, spoon and knife compartments)

This totally resolved my problem. But didn't assuage my desire for WMF cutlery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails