Friday, December 31, 2010

A Quick Dinner @ Megumi b4 Fireworks

I wanted to flirt with the deadline and so only started writing late last night. It was fun trying to stay awake all night and write, and it was thanks to Motorbreath that I managed to stick it out until 6am.

Today, very high on lack of sleep, I had fun finishing it rapidly at Burlington Square's Burger King, Sim Lim Square's Food Court (where I evil-eyed a crazy old Uncle who kept staring into my laptop screen) and then print 6 copies out in a small Indian Internet Cafe... before rushing down Sim Ave to the destination.

Then B1 and I rushed home to zzz. Until 8 plus pm and starvation woke us up and drove us insane as we searched online for something to eat. We decided to go to Megumi after consulting ieatishootipost.

 
 
We ordered cod and beef kaminabe (paper pot steamboat), deepfried eel and tofu, gohan, assorted sashimi (4 types). The chef is not very skilled at cutting but he does cut thickly =]. I would have preferred if the staff bothered to deliver the sashimi the minute that it was ready. Instead five staff members were somehow preoccupied even though the restaurant was not busy.

I thought my cod is rather sad. Initially I envied B1's choice but turned out his beef portion was a bit sad too. One thing I don't like is that we have to purchase the rice and side dishes separately. And the portion were not that generous in the first place.
 
Lettuce under camouflage

In a nutshell:
Megumi Japanese Restaurant
Block 106 Clementi Street 12
#01-38
67791411
11.30am to 2.30pm
6.00pm to 10.30pm
Opens Daily

Food Quality: Ok
Price: The bill came out to be S$90 plus. With a cold beer. Who makes people pay separately for rice?
Service: Not that fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails