Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just to prove I am right, Kopi Luwak (coffee from a cat's ass)

Well, while we were on our way to visit the art museum last week, I talked about the civet cat in Indonesia which consumes coffee beans and then passes it out, producing the most expensive, aromatic *haha* coffee in the world. Nobody believed me *sobs* (probably because on hindsight, the civet cat is a carnivorous kitty)

To prove I am somewhat right, here are some excerpts from the Internet:
"I had my doubts until I learned that University of Guelph food scientist Massimo Marcone actually trekked to Indonesia a few years back to collect samples of kopi luwak or "civet coffee" beans with his own two hands, supplying independent confirmation that this rare and exceedingly expensive varietal does exist." (about.com)

You can also read the Wiki copy. One interesting thing I do note is that technically it wasn't a civet cat, but the palm civet... which is apparently a closer relative to a mongoose than your house kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails