Thursday, April 1, 2010

Teck Sing - A Must YumYum when you go JB

So haven't been blogging much lately. I have been consumed by 三分度 enthusiasm again and have been much distracted by a furore of activities and programmes that I am only starting to document down today.

Gave my friends my virgin experience.... of traveling by car to JB (trips done when I was shorter than 3 feet are hardly remembered). They took me to Teck Sing for lunch, famous for cheap yet delicious food, such as its pièce de résistance, 纸报鸡 (literally, paper wrapped chicken). It is the one of the most popular yumyums that Singaporeans love to visit when they pop over to our neighbouring shores, or so I am told. I personally find that the restaurant is cute in that it gives free watermelon... before the meal.

We ordered hot plate otah, fried sweet potato leaves, of course the paper wrapped chicken, and hot plate egg tofu . The gravy from the chicken was savory and lovely. I liked the hot plate otah. Unfortunately the rest of the meal was nice but not enough for 7 grown persons. Would have loved to order more, but that is one of my number #1 weaknesses, order too much and get stuffed to the gills. But I think, one dish more would have given a more filling experience.

Nonetheless I will still go there again, if opportunity knocks.






5, Jalan Sutera Satu, Taman Sentosa,
80150 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails