Saturday, February 6, 2010

Stupid Myers-Brigs Type Indicator Test from 1998

As I was saying earlier, I was digging through my files yesterday to search for my old stories. I came across this Myers-Brigs Type Indicator report form that our school made us take back in 1998. I even wrote down what some of my friends' results as well.

Looking through this list more than 10 years on, I felt very sad.

First of all, time can be so unkind and results 10 years ago can fluctuate wildly as a result of the tribulations and obstacles one encounters in life. I looked at one of my closest friends' results and felt awful for him. The him from ten years ago has been utterly destroyed by his being rejected by the girl he loved, spiraling into despondency, affecting his school work and psyche. A once brilliant, industrious youth is now an unhappy menial worker in the service industry, serving people who were once cruel to him and being patronised by them. That really sucks ass. I was so damn freaking pissed off when another jerk face told me that one of the jerks who looked down on my friend ten years ago, came back from his Oxford education and deliberately visited him at his workplace (after this jerk face told him the location). I was told that the Oxford jerk said "his latte tastes not bad" upon being asked about the encounter.

But I digress. I can say that while the result was that accurate in the first place, with the responsive characteristic since he was such a blur king, but he is now definitely no longer responsive to praise and criticism from others, particularly the former. He is prone to self-deprecation and self-criticism, which is even more damaging to one's esteem. It is very painful to witness.

The stupid test determined that I was a ENTP, i.e. Extraversion, Intuition, Thinking, Perceving person. I remember that my results for E and P were extreme, but my results for Intuition and Thinking were very close to its Sensing and Feeling counterparts respectively (differing by one point in both cases).

According to that stupid test, I am "quick, ingenious, good at many things. Stimulating company, alert and outspoken. May argue for fun on either side of a question. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems but may neglect routine assignments. Apt to turn to one new interest after another. Skillful in finding logical reasons for what they want. "

See, stupid test right? After all, I am still stuck where I am because I am such a procrastinator and I only want to join Google, who probably doesn't want dumb old me. One thing I can say for certain, the "apt to turn to one new interest after another" is very accurate, as evidenced by my myriad of crazy activities captured in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails