Saturday, May 2, 2009

Well Done Stupid

I am still pretty upset about not submitting on time esp since I have been burning midnight oil trying to finish it.

So I decided to upgrade my android sdk and adt on my Eclipse to 1.5 (last updated was 1.1), as well as begin debugging on my phone (I have been using my Emulator).

Well, after wasting like 1 hour waiting for that shit to download, and setting it up, I realised my phone is 1.0. So now I have to downgrade my project (thank god I didn't delete the 1.1 SDK) and upgrade my phone to 1.1. Because bloody 1.5 apparently blocks Android Market (paid and unpaid). Of course, I am referring to the non-GE version. But it reminded me about the shit that happened a few weeks ago when paid apps were blocked from dev phones like mine.

Therefore I am leery now. Will leave to other braver souls to tread water first. In the meantime, I have to settle my phone nonsense.

Chris Moor says that 1.5 will break the app if bad techniques are used. Google has advised to avoid these five techniques:
  1. Using Internal APIs
  2. Directly Manipulating Settings
  3. Going Overboard with Layouts
  4. Bad Hardware Assumptions
  5. Incautious Rotations
Crap. I am guilty of 1, 2, 3 and 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails