Saturday, May 2, 2009

Detroit Metal City really rox!!!

Negishi-kun always wanted to become a trendy singer (I am not quite sure what the Japanese's idea of being trendy is, all I know is... it looks pretty gay). He left his hometown in Oita Prefecture to go to college, and after graduation, strums his gay trendy little tunes at a little junction. He tells his mother he is working at a flower shop (apparently you need a college degree to be a florist?), but actually he is a death rock singer. He deeply resents his Sir Krauser II persona, and the music he plays goes against his desires to be a gay trendy singer, singing offensively diabetic tunes like "My Sweet Love".

"I wake up one morning
You're baking a cheese tart
My sweet baby
That's you
My true love
Let's head out to the trendy part of town
Cheese tart in the hand
You're skipping by my side."

*Gag*

Contrast this with lines from his hit single "Put aside my wrath" (less offensive than the other song) as Sir Krauser II:
"...
I shall punish you for your crimes
I'm a messenger from Hell
I shall tear you from limb to limb
Am I to put aside my wrath?"

Typical Japanese movie with twisted Japanese logic, but endearing nonetheless. Haha, his "This won't make me wet" manager is the queen after my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails