Friday, May 2, 2008

Want to build a web app? Xampp's your friend

I forgot to mention this, but about two years back, when I started researching on my dissertation, I came across this open-source distribution suite called Xampp. It is really Dumb-Programmer-101 (I should know). It's all very simple, just download and extract. It will setup everything nicely for you.

And by everything... it offers distribution for the various OSes.
For example, the distribution for Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Vista. This version contains: Apache, MySQL, PHP + PEAR, Perl, mod_php, mod_perl, mod_ssl, OpenSSL, phpMyAdmin (I am also quite fond of this, as it is a useful web-based DBMS for MySQL), Webalizer, Mercury Mail Transport System for Win32 and NetWare Systems v3.32, Ming, JpGraph, FileZilla FTP Server, mcrypt, eAccelerator, SQLite, and WEB-DAV + mod_auth_mysql.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails